Sunday, October 6, 2013

For the sake of Love.

Laid bare. Today I chose to bare my soul, to share with rawness my life of imperfection, my struggles, my weaknesses, yet the beautiful redemption I’ve come to know. I choose to be laid bare for the sake of Love, yet I ask you don’t see my nakedness, my vulnerability, and tear into me, shredding my delicate skin, I ask you, don’t see my fragile frame and aim for destruction as the end.
Today I’m lade bare for the sake of Truth, and I pray you embrace that and that same freedom finds you.
I don’t have it all together, yet I invite you to read the letter of my soul, not so you know better where to attack, but so you see the brokenness I no longer hide or hold back from plain view. But how can something be embraced as beautiful when it’s not seen in entirety? Among the backdrop of hopeless brokenness that I used to be, now I can own these things with humility for the sake of restoration, redemption and the true-self God created me to be.

No, I don’t have all the answers. I can’t combat your every word. I can’t even explain all that I’ve heard and learned in the depths of my being-yet I find rest in the truth that I can just be in Christ and trust in a transforming love, a saving grace. So I put up no walls, no barracks to blockade in, but I offer my true self, the honest Truths I’ve come to walk in. It may sound like foolishness to you, but I pray for his words to be spoken, for the Spirit to move and lift the veil, opening blind eyes to see the truth set sail into the core of who you are. So I won’t apologize for who I’ve become, but in love I choose to be laid bare, I choose not to run in fear, but to listen and hear and speak a grace-filled, love-rooted Truth. Yes, brother, I choose to be laid bare because I have confidence in YHWH, and I truly love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment