Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Words

After watching people paint pictures of their hearts with words:

I don’t understand.
I don’t understand the power words have over me.
The way they can elicit tears by just being arranged in the right way.
The effect they have on my emotions, one who can simply say the right things.
With passion and rhythm, with heart and soul that beats like the tympani drums.
That just flows naturally in a way that I can’t explain. 
A way that flows through my veins. Pumps through the marrow of my bones, filling both sides of my heart and then being exported into my very being, my core.
While some are moved by music and melody, the melody that moves me is the tune of words. Deep and powerful. Just spoken real and raw, with honesty and love that I can’t move on from.
I can’t get over the fence of these words without truly taking a step back and realizing their vastness, their length, their depth.
This fence stretches from east to west and reaches the depth of my numb heart buried deep inside my sunken chest.
And when I collide with this wall, I’m forced to step back and realize how great the awe it elicits, how deep the fall into feeling again.
Into being moved again.
The beauty of words said in the right way.
I thank God for those with the gift of rhetoric. The gift of rhythm. The gift of linking words together in a way that punches my numbness and wakes up my solemn heart.
I can’t explain it.
But maybe I don’t have to. Maybe there’s nothing to explain, nothing to tell.

So I’ll let the tears running down my cheeks speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment