Saturday, January 3, 2015

To Write

It’s January 2, 2015 and I’ve learned a lot of things this past year. I’ve learned I can’t count on my discipline for anything. I’ve also learned a release for me is writing. It opens my eyes to who God is, to who I am as a human being, being tossed to and fro by the waves of wonder and doubt. It helps me sort it all out, tasting what it is to have understanding, even revelation, although it takes sometimes months for what I wrote to really sink in. But writing is like singing for me. I don’t excel at singing, so writing seems safer. Comes easier. Makes me freer.

So I’m not one for New Years resolutions; I think they’re lame, but here I go anyway. I’m going to step out and say: I, Laurel Dispenza, resolve to write at least one thing a day. And I pray that the Lord uses it to draw me in and teach me and all those who stumble upon these writings along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment