Monday, August 24, 2015

Please be kind. Rewind.

What is it about seeing kindness that brings tears to my eyes.
What is it about seeing love that makes me cry.
I don’t pretend to understand it, but I know I can’t deny it.
There’s something so powerful, so moving, that it’s mere presence can be soothing to the deepest of wounds.
Seeing love spread like wildfire, like a cold in a class of middle schoolers, seeing how contagious kindness can be has the force to break down the walls I’ve put up around me.
It touches a heartstring so deep inside that it brings me to tears, makes the tough man cry.
I wish I had the eyes to see it every day as the world goes round and round the same way. But it’s actually not the same because some force has brought a change so deep that humanity becomes almost unrecognizable. A world of people who love one another and put their needs only after the others.
It really is true, that kindness is contagious and love is a raging fire that burns a path of reckless restoration and joy wherever it goes.
So as I watch, I’m not ashamed of the tears that slide down my cheeks, but instead I rejoice in the havoc love reeks. The havoc that turns a broken world inside out, that shows a better way to live together, a way that’s so powerfully beautiful when lived out.

So let the tears flow, let the hearts melt, for I want this kind of life regardless of the hand I’m dealt.

No comments:

Post a Comment