Sunday, December 29, 2013

Smooth Stones

Smooth stones.
As I go, I realize how little I know and how much I have to grow. But I’m learning that I must trust myself humbly and press on in the pursuit of Truth and reality.
Regardless of where you are in the world, you have an opportunity. To walk forward staring down at the path before your feet, looking only intrinsically, feeding your thirst for meaning and experience. Or you can learn so humbly, so beautifully, from every single person that is around you. 

I’ve been living in fear. The Bible I read states that perfect love casts out all fear, so I must not be living in this love. I must not be walking in this truth, because fear dominates many parts of my life. In regards to theology, I fear being wrong so I resort to keeping my mouth shut. I fear being misunderstood so I use the lame excuse of “I don’t know” to keep the inquirers away. I fear the ones who attack, who mock, who rip my foundation to shreds. But not in the same way anymore, for I am beginning to understand what the words of a friend mean. He talked of smooth stones. Like the greats of the past had become. The waters of doubt and questions and prods and attacks raging over them had smoothed them into smooth stones. Stones that people naturally just want to reach out and touch. Stones smoothed by time and trial. Stones that cry out and declare Truth by their very being. So as this river rages over me I hope and pray that’s what’s taking place in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment