Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Place of Grace.

Something I found from several months ago:


The place of grace that I’ve begun to notice that I inhabit is such an incredible reality that it’s utterly humbling. These transitions don’t have to be this “easy,” these goodbyes this simple. I didn’t have to have such beautiful teammates that are a true orchestra of love, rather than a crashing cymbal of brokenness. Sure, we have our struggles, but those crashing noises are redeemed through love and grace to be a beautiful melody, dramatic and punctuated with rests and fortes. And when worked out with a mutual commitment to love and honor one another and work towards unity, what a blessed environment that can be. Growing and stretching, for sure, but that’s what brothers and sisters and trials are for.
The grace to have the opportunity to teach so many wonderful teachers, the grace to actually enjoy the camp with all the students. The grace to live life beside dear Katie, sharing meals and runs together. I don’t deserve the grace to be able to go to PIB, especially having all the money provided. I’ve done nothing to earn the chance to go to both Australia and Malaysia, to decide to go spur of the moment and leave the next day, to sleep on so many planes. The grace that allowed me to sleep in the airport and has kept from getting sick thus far. The grace to sleep so much, to sort of catch up on my sleep deficit.
The grace to have a room to come home to, even if it’s the cat’s room. The grace to overcome so many of these stomach problems.



It’s a mystery to me how I can be drowning in so much grace and still question his nearness. How so many waves of grace crash over me, yet I forget and ask where is he. God I believe, help me in my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment