Thursday, April 10, 2014

Una Mirada Atras

Walking forward.
Stepping out.
It’s through these things you discover what life’s all about.
Asking questions.
Learning to laugh at yourself.
This is the road to life, and I must say, a hard yet beautiful route.
The world is big,
And the possibilities bigger.
But you’ll kill yourself if you try to figure it all out, attempting to eliminate any possibility of doubt.
Learning to live in the mystery,
Embracing life for what it is.
Humbly pursuing the truth that may seem hidden through the times of seemingly paralyzing darkness.

Seeing that all people long to be included,
We all long to be invited in,
We search for love-and it’s the same no matter what country you reside in.
From living at Peace and Plenty with Judy by the river,
To waitressing to backpacking a part of the AT.
From China, my life in Beijing, to time with my sister in the DR.
From Costa Rican college, staying near and travelling far.
Next back to the DR and who knows what’s to come,
But each place, each journey, each step has taught me something.
Something about myself, about God, about faith, about people and cultures and how they all relate.
But who am I kidding, I still have SO much to learn and so much to grow in.
Also, spiritually, it’s pretty tough, but those beautiful moments shared between people prove there’s hope and Life and reality in the midst of all the questioning.
So I will continue to walk forward in this sojourn called life,
Whether I’m a foreign land or at Olivet living the campus life.

Through this distinct time in my short life, I’ve begun to see life through new (still developing) eyes.
Life is my teacher.
And the world is my classroom.
Situations are my tests and experiences the lessons.
The map is my lesson plan and my senses are my tools.
The mixture of solitude and adventure is the environment when this school’s in session.
The friends I meet become my classmates and I learn with and from them.
I learn about myself. I see a bit more of my ugly heart, a few more of my dreams, pet peeves are revealed as I begin to understand on a deeper level how I tick.
I learn about decisions, how I struggle to make them, and the consequences that follow the direction I pick.
I learn how people are people wherever you may be yet how they do differ from place to place, and you must learn to see how cultures are unique.
And I learn that by humbling yourself you can increase understanding, with every single day.

So whether from country to country or class to casa, I’m learning to walk forward, with nothing to lose and nothing to prove, embracing the moment and finding rest in the beauty of seeking the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment